Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Still Summer

I have lived in the South for most of my life and we have a big joke that our four seasons are different than everyone else's. Instead of Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter, the South experiences: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer and Christmas. You laugh, but come stay with us for a year and you will see that it is sadly true. I'm sure there is a very scientific reason that the South doesn't have such large fluctuations in climate and temperature throughout the year. Something to do with air pressure and distance from the dark side of the moon and the direction the wind blows when the cicadas are chirping on the North side of the pine trees.

Regardless of the temperature, we are quickly approaching that fateful time of year we endearingly refer to as Still Summer (otherwise known as Fall to the real world) Where the leaves change, the air gets crisp, people pick apples and carve pumpkins, the football craze sets in, and most importantly we get to eat AMAZING food!

I don't know what it is about food in the fall. Is it because it's hot and comforting? Is it because it's consumed during the stressful moments of watching your favorite teams collide on the field of battle? Is it because it's eaten at a table where you're surrounded by people you love?
Whatever the reason is, we can all agree that it's delicious!

But, during a season with so much tradition, I often find it hard to stray from my tried and true recipes. Which is disappointing because Pinterest is just BURSTING with fall delicacies that are screaming to be devoured in one sitting. (I'm not the only one that thinks that, right?) So, I thought I would bear the devastating burden of trying out a few recipes and reviewing them for y'all. (I know, I live a hard life, I really do and you should all take pity on me!)

I'm going to start off with PUMPKIN flavored goodies and give you a few ideas of something that might be worth putting aside that recipe you always use for one with an orange-y twist. We'll do 4 familiar recipes with a pumpkin-spin, so stay tuned it's gonna get good.

I can't wait to share this with you guys, I'm pretty sure it'll be an entertaining journey at the very least!

<3 ME

No comments:

Post a Comment