Thursday, April 21, 2016

Long Time No See

Why hello there friends!

It's been quite a while since my last blog post and the end of my Whole30 journey. Things have been quite hectic since then. Things have been beyond ridiculously busy at work, there have been birthdays and celebrations, trips and no-getting-out-of-bed days. There have been hopeful dreams followed by many "yes's" and "no's" from God.
I've stuck with some Whole30 meals, but (especially lately) things have slid quite a lot. Stress can do that to you I'm afraid. Roomie and I are actually planning a new Whole30 journey (don't worry, that's not what I'm writing to tell you).

Here's what's been on my mind lately, and why I'm coming to you all about it:

As some of you may know, I'm turning 30 this year. In 7 months and 21 days to be exact, but who's counting...
As some of you may also know, I don't do well with birthdays... especially "big" milestone ones that are supposed to be some kind of mark of how amazing my life is and how much I've achieved and accomplished. Heck, I had a hard time with my 20th birthday if that tells you anything about me haha
So, I'm a little bit less than excited to reach this milestone. In fact when Boyfriend asked if I wanted to throw a big party this year, lets just say my response was quite tearful :/

Now, I realize that 30 is still so young and I have so much of my life left, blah blah blah But here's the thing. I don't want to dread getting older. I don't want milestones like this to make me dwell on all the things that I don't have in my life that I would like to, but don't have tons of control over. I want to trust that God has the perfect plan in my life, and I want to somehow learn to trust in His perfect timing. Which is something I've struggled with all of my life. In my journey of faith with God, trusting in His timing is the absolute hardest thing for me. I was quite a control freak in my younger, more youthful days, and believe it or not I've mellowed QUITE a bit (ask anyone, seriously, it's a miracle). But that portion of my personality that likes order, and predictability, and monotonous schedules has always yearned for God to give me a life that simply has the things that I want when I think it would be a good time in my life to have them. (which I'm sure is precisely the reason that He has not designed my life that way, because if my life was wrapped up in a pretty little bow like that, then what would I need Him for?)

So this desire of wanting to find some way to approach this milestone birthday with excitement instead of dread, and wanting to find a way to fully trust in God's timing in my life and not allow comparison to be the thief of joy in my life, brought me to an idea. What if, I made a list. A top "30" things I wanted to accomplish in my life before I reach the big 3-0. Now, I've been slow to the party so I don't have a full year left, but I do have 7 months. Surely I should be able to accomplish something by then. Would that help me change my perspective? If instead of just wasting away my 29th year on this planet, because I'm dreading the end of my 20's and everything that being 30 will bring. I mean, I'm going to finally have to be a real adult.... that sounds like the best and worst thing all rolled into one haha

So, I was settled on it. A great idea! 30 things to do before I'm 30!

But, where do I start? Do I even have 30 things I want to accomplish? And that thought is what brings me to you guys :)

I need some help. Some of you are already 30, some of you not. Some of you are quickly approaching it just like myself. What are some things you wish you had done before you were 30? Some habits you wish you had formed, an important lesson you wish you had known, something you could've done to better set up your future, or something that if I don't make time for it now I definitely won't make time for it in my 30s or 40s or 50s? Help me compile my list! Help me make this the best 29th year I could have. Help me approach turning 30 with joy and peace :)

Help me write my list, and I promise I'll keep you updated every time I check something off! Comment below and I'll update with the final draft picks.

Celebrate year 29 with me, I'm going to make it a great one!

<3 ME

No comments:

Post a Comment