Monday, February 8, 2016

Legume Verdict

Oh my goodness I'm so completely far behind!! I'm so sorry, it's been so crazy lately! But let me give you a quick run down of how things have been going.

So the last day we chatted was the day after I added in non-gluten grains. I was back to Whole30 compliance on Thursday and Friday.
 I had leftover fish tacos for lunch both days, and on Friday I made some Shepherds Pie. It doesn't look that yummy, but it was good and filling and warm :)

THEN on Saturday was LEGUME DAY!!!!! Time to add in legumes (peanuts, beans, chickpeas)
 I just had some sausage and over easy eggs for breakfast, it's pretty hard to add legumes in at breakfast haha.

Then I had a special treat for lunch! CHICK FIL A!!!! Since they cook everything in peanut oil I haven't been able to partake of anything from chick fil a for the course of Whole30, but today I got to add peanuts in :)
 I also treated myself to some lemonade :/, not Whole30 compliant because of the sugar, but I vote close enough!

For snack I added some peanut butter and hummus. The peanut butter was so much sweeter than I remembered! It would've been helpful if I'd bought some no-sugar added PB, but I just used some Jif that we had in the pantry from "before."
 For dinner, I made some pork carnitas and added some black beans.
 I really ended up just mixing it all together into a big salad with some of the chipotle ranch I had made on Wednesday.

Back to Whole30 compliance for Sunday and Monday to gauge my reaction to legumes.

Breakfast on Sunday was close to compliant. I had some sausage, eggs, and hashbrowns at one of our favorite local places to have breakfast on Sundays. It's a donut shop just down the street from our house. No donuts today unfortunately, but it was nice to take a break from making my own sausage and cooking a big breakfast.
 We had set strike on Sunday afternoon and then we had some friends over to play cards and watch the SuperBowl. I made some compliant dips and chicken fingers so I was pretty good overall ;)
 The thing that impacted me the most about Sunday was the fact that we didn't really have lunch or dinner. We had a late breakfast that then morphed into just snacking all evening as we hung out with our friends. At the end of the night, I definitely wasn't feeling as I usually do. I was overfull and my stomach was a little upset. Just giving more support to Whole30's negative stance on snacking in this manner.

All in all, I don't think this was a reaction to the legumes. I hadn't gotten a headache or felt really any different except for the end of Sunday after all the snacking, and that's what I attribute it to the most.

Today, was Whole30 compliant again to prepare for the addition of dairy on Tuesday.
I don't think I noticed any changes to adding legumes. I haven't noticed any significant break outs, headaches, digestive issues, or sluggishness.

I started the morning with egg muffins (sundried tomatoes, basil, and reduced balsamic vinegar) and some cranberry juice.
 I had a leftover chicken finger from last night over a salad. Then for dinner I made the Mediterranean chicken skillet that we had a few weeks ago, with some roasted potatoes.
It was just as yummy today as last time!

So before I go into the rest of the plan of reintroduction, let me give you the run down of recipes from last week.
Shepherd's Pie
Fish Tacos
Thai Meatballs
Hot and Sour Soup -- this one needs some substitutions ;)


Here's my plan for this week



Monday
Tuesday
(dairy)
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
(gluten)
Breakfast
egg muffins
yogurt
egg muffins
egg muffins
croissant
Snack
banana
banana
banana
banana
banana
Lunch
leftovers
taco salad with cheese
soup
leftovers
Chicken salad sandwich
Snack
celery
celery
celery
celery
apple
celery
Dinner
Mediterranean Chicken
Buffalo chicken with mashed potatoes// Ice cream
Shrimp and Sausage Skillet
Thai Coconut Soup
Pasta



So Tuesday I get to add dairy back in and on Friday we add in gluten. I didn't plan anything for the weekend, because barring a crazy reaction to gluten on Friday, I'm hoping to take the weekend off from meal planning. To enjoy going out to dinner with Boyfriend and not stressing so much about food. And then hopefully, I can take a fresh look at what my plan will be from here on out.

Sorry it's been so long since my last update, and I'm sorry this post is so long to make up for it haha I really appreciate all of you guys reading my ramblings throughout this whole journey. It's been great to have such a wonderful support group ;)

So here's to dairy tomorrow!

<3 ME

No comments:

Post a Comment