Thursday, February 4, 2016

The NGG Verdict

Back to the grind of Whole 30 this morning so that I can cleanse my body and properly analyze if I had any adverse reactions to adding non-gluten grains back into my diet.

Firstly, today was ridiculously busy and I literally only took one picture all day :/ sorry guys haha
Secondly, I'm not finding any huge reactions to adding everything in yesterday.

I woke up pretty sleepy, but that was mostly due to the fact that I didn't sleep particularly long last night because we were out at Biffel's rather late.
However, as the day progressed, my energy level was still consistent and high just like it has been for the past 30 days. I didn't experience an afternoon dip like I did beforehand. I haven't noticed any breakouts or bloating. I didn't have a headache or an upset stomach. Nothing noticeably different I don't think.

I was out of the door super early this morning (and didn't get in until late last night) so I just grabbed a LaraBar, and I'm trying to drink tons of extra water today because my water intake has definitely been slacking this week.

I had leftover fish from last night in a taco salad of sorts over some cabbage and romaine with some of the cilantro lime sauce I made. I'm usually not a fan of leftover fish, but it was actually really yummy and satisfying.

I had leftover tacos tonight for dinner.
It was really good (even the second time) and I added a little chipotle ranch this time.

Somehow at the end of the day, I still feel a little unsatisfied. Maybe it's just because I'm back to the grind of being so completely restricted once again. It's hard to feel so great about adding new things in and getting to have so much fun with friends while I did it, and then feel like you had to give it all back.
Whole30 was a great experience. I felt so great while I was doing it. I felt healthier and lighter, more energetic. But. I also felt slightly isolated. Whole30 compliance is definitely something I want to adapt into my daily life on a regular basis, but for now I'm really ready to take a step away from it for a minute.
Whole30 compliancy reigns again tomorrow and then the addition of legumes on Saturday. I feel a little down about this whole process today really wishing it could hurry up. But I don't want to give up either. I've made it so far, and the reintroduction was the whole point of the journey. So I'm going to stick it out until the end. *Sigh* sometimes stubbornness is hard haha

<3 ME

No comments:

Post a Comment