Thursday, February 4, 2016

Welcome Back

Re-introduction Day 1! Here we go.. Today I'm adding back non-gluten grains.

I started off just with a simple bowl of oatmeal
Funnily enough I just taught myself to eat oatmeal maybe a year or two ago. I have some textural problems with food sometimes haha and oatmeal is a really challenging texture for me. But luckily I can handle it in small doses now ;)

I didn't have any strong or immediate reactions to the oatmeal addition. I did get hungry a little earlier in the day than I usually do after breakfast, but I also had a lot less protein for breakfast than I usually do.

For lunch I added in some rice with leftovers of Asian meatballs from Monday.
It was super tasty, and yet again no ridiculous reactions to the non-gluten grain. I don't know that I expected to feel crazily different, but I hadn't yet.

Now dinner was a really special affair! We went over to Biffel's house for game night and tacos! We had fish and steak tacos with some rice and corn (both new additions). I also made a really yummy cilantro lime sauce for the fish and a chipotle ranch for the steak!
I also sneakily added in some non-gluten alcohol this evening:
The best part, honestly, was just getting to have a relaxing evening where I didn't feel like I was having to sit out of the fun, I could eat everything we prepared and it was all so so yummy. I could relax and just have fun. I didn't read any labels (well maybe once for the salsa) and I questioned nothing. Granted I made sauces beforehand that I knew were whole30 compliant, and I helped cook everything so I was there to see everything cooked and knew there wasn't anything used that I couldn't have unlike in a restaurant.
This was really the reason today was so wonderful. Just getting to feel like a part of something instead of constantly being outside of the circle of fun because of how restricted and stressed I was regarding anything with food. This is what I miss more than any food group that I've eliminated over the past month. And it's so nice to have that back for a moment. I'm a little sad to give it back tomorrow.

<3 ME

No comments:

Post a Comment