Thursday, January 21, 2016

A Night Out

I have been counting down to this day for weeks and weeks!
A short day at work, really crazy morning but slow afternoon and off early! I was so excited, I skipped breakfast today... not something I recommend, but a huge habit of mine was to trade breakfast for coffee and that's absolutely what I tried today. I coasted through easily, mostly because I was so busy so I didn't think about it, but it's not a habit I need to keep, Kick starting your metabolism in the morning is important, and I should start my day off with some good nutrition!

Lunch was had over a meeting. Leftover Thai coconut soup on this cold day was pretty perfect, followed up by these yummy treats :)
And then I was off!! Home to get ready and then off to the THEATER!!!!

We had dinner at Whole Foods and it was super fun and super sad at the same time haha It was so fun to get to read all the ingredients and find fun new things I could eat! Like potato salad with kale and sundried tomatoes, and some Indian spiced chicken :) The sad thing though was that I couldn't have any of their dressings because they all had sugar in them. This is what I was afraid of, but I thought certainly they would have plain vinegar and olive oil available. They did not... So I just bought a bottle of balsamic vinegar, because we needed some at the house anyway and used that.

I also found this fun, no sugar added, blood orange "soda"! I'm pretty certain that 2 weeks ago the sugar fiend in me would not have approved of this, but today I loved it!

Then we headed to the Fox to see Book of Mormon!!!!! It was my second time seeing the show, but it was Boyfriend and Roomie's first time seeing it on stage :) I love love love going to the Fox especially sitting in the balcony. It's so wonderful to feel like you're sitting under the stars enjoying some wonderful singing and dancing. And particularly in this show: laughing until we cry!

It felt so special after weeks of feeling chained to my house (especially my kitchen), to be able to go out and enjoy an evening relatively stress free :)

So thankful.

<3 ME

No comments:

Post a Comment