Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Be Gracious

Day 9, wow! Sometimes I feel like it's going quickly, but sometimes definitely not haha

My day started early yet again, this time with my clinical student! Except when all your morning patients cancel my morning looked eerily similar to my morning yesterday without a student haha

And when you have a lunch meeting, the view is a little like this.

I had some of the chicken salad that I prepped this weekend. It was pretty yummy. I might add some more vinegar to it because it still tasted a little bit too much like mayonnaise haha yes I know I made it with mayo but I really don't like it :/

So after our really boring morning with no patients, we hit the ground running in the afternoon with 4 kids back to back. So at the end of the day, I was really ready to just sit down and relax for a minute... Alas, straight to the theatre I went. It was also a bit stressful when I got there tonight, so I completely forgot to take a picture of dinner. But let me assure you it was super yummy, and even easier to make and prep last night! Green chicken curry, just chicken, green curry paste, and coconut milk in the crock pot.

I'm really loving all these crock pot meals I've found. They've all been super tasty. After Whole30, perhaps I'd add a bit more sides or something to serve with them, but other than that they're pretty good to go. Like today for instance, I couldn't think of what to serve curry over besides rice, so since we can't have that I just ate it with nothing. It was still tasty, but the rice might be my favorite part of currys. I guess I could add some more vegetables to it as well for a bit more substance than just chicken haha At least, I was fed and full as I entered a pretty stressful rehearsal. Only 2 days til the show opens, but it'll all come together ;)

I think the definite take away for today is: always be conscientious. Always be gracious, especially to those who are surrounding you trying to help you. Sometimes life is stressful, and we all handle that stress in different ways. But if we are ungrateful, rude, and mean to those people that are trying to help us, it's a sure thing that they will most likely be unwilling to help us in the future. We're all fighting a hard battle. Let's support and help each other along the way, not tear each other down. We'll all make it to the finish line that way, and we'll all look prettier when we get there.

<3 ME


No comments:

Post a Comment