Sunday, January 17, 2016

No Rest for the Weary

Saturday's are for sleeping in right? Weekends are for fun and relaxing things. It's how you rest and rejuvenate from the long work week, right?
Well, I definitely missed out on that today :/

Breakfast was eaten in bed, but not leisurely in the slightest. But very early, and very quickly, as I got ready to head out the door and to work :( only for three hours, but still work. It also definitely put me a little behind scheduled overall.

I came home and ate some leftovers for lunch quickly, while relishing in the glorious fact that we are almost halfway through this journey, and revising my grocery list. I had to take out on of our meals next week because we'll be venturing to a RESTAURANT instead eeeeee!!!!! I'm actually really excited! It's going to be so nice to eat something that I didn't prepare myself, and even though I can imagine all my special requests will be a nuisance, it will be a nice change of pace.

So with my tummy full (because if my mom taught me anything it was that you don't go to the grocery store on an empty stomach!), I headed out to stock up for the week.

This is what it looks like after a trip to H-Mart. So so so many fruits and veggies :)

Then it was home for MEAL PREP!!

First on the list was finally making some clarified butter! I give up finding it in a store and I found a recipe that was super easy! I put the butter in a casserole dish and popped it in the oven at 250degrees for an hour. I took it out, separated out the milk solids, and poured it in a mason jar where it will solidify and we can eat glorious "buttery" things haha


Then I had to make more mayo!

For chicken salad

And ranch!

I also made up a pumpkin custard for breakfasts. Maybe it'll get me out of my egg slump :/

Then time to make dinner. We had a Mediterranean chicken skillet, and it was so yummy! Even Boyfriend requested we make it again even after the Whole30.

Chicken, sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, balsamic vinegar, and kalamata olives. Boyfriend got to have some feta cheese on his, and maybe after Whole30, if it's not a bad food for us we could add in some couscous.

Then off to a sold out show! It's always nice to have such a full and responsive audience.
After the show were going out to karaoke to celebrate a dear friend's birthday. It'll be our first karaoke since Whole30. For some reason I think it's going to be so much easier to not drink than it is to sit in a restaurant with people and not eat!

I wish I could say tomorrow would be one where I could sleep in, and relax. But not so much. Church in the morning, show in the afternoon, maybe I can go to bed early ;)

<3 ME

No comments:

Post a Comment