Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Game Night

Thankfully today was not quite the early morning that yesterday was, so I at least had time to sit at a table and eat some breakfast today :)
Work was pretty busy again today, but surprise surprise I actually scheduled a lunch break!! A rarity of itself for sure!

I've found myself bringing more snacks lately. I don't ever eat them all, but I like choices for some reason haha

Now after work the real fun began!
We're hosting game night for some of our friends tonight at the Little Yellow House. I really wanted to be able to make some appetizers that they could enjoy even though we're so restricted in our diets and they aren't. I also had to throw some dinner together somehow haha

So I found a recipe for buffalo chicken dip and a veggie dip that I could serve with veggies or chips (you know, for the normal people). I was a little iffy about the buffalo chicken dip because it called for making a cashew cream and mixing in and I'm not going to lie, I thought it sounded gross.
For dinner I also threw together some thai meatballs, with some rice for Boyfriend.
They're turkey meatballs with some zucchini in them. They're in a coconut milk and red curry paste sauce. I could've stood a bit more spice I think, but overall a pretty solid Asian meatball.

And then the guests arrived!

Our friends are the sweetest and brought grapes and plantain chips that we could eat too :) The buffalo chicken dip was SO GOOD!!!! It was an overall super fun evening. We love hosting and it definitely felt good to still be able to host a fun night where everyone was full and satisfied, because as a good Southern woman it has been engrained in me from a very young age that I must feed and water everyone who walks into my house. So it's definitely unnerving to not have options available that people would normally choose. But this was perfect and gives a lot of hope to life after Whole30.

<3 ME

No comments:

Post a Comment