Monday, January 18, 2016

Coldness

Today was definitely a cold day. Cold in temperature and cold in feelings.
I have been surrounded by so much loss lately. Not my own personal loss, but many people close to me. They are losses that have shocked and saddened me to the core. Losses for which I don't have good words to express my condolences to the people who have actually lost. There's nothing that I can do to fill the void that is left. All I can do is love them and pray for them and leave the rest of it to a God that is thankfully far more powerful and wise than myself.

On top of the emotionally trying day that today was, it was also a super busy day at work! I started off with my new Pumpkin Breakfast Custard that I made this weekend. It's basically like pumpkin pie filling, but without the sweetness haha It wasn't terrible, but I definitely needed to eat it with something to help the texture out a bit. I might try some sausage with it tomorrow perhaps.

Lunch was eaten in the car, so I didn't have time to snap a picture. But I had some of the leftover pork from the carnitas that we made last week, with some salsa in a taco salad of sorts.

When we finally made it in from the cold, I had some of the yummy ranch I made and some veggies.

 
I was so thankful that we had a soup planned for dinner tonight, because seriously it was so cold today! It was nice to sit down to something so warm and comforting. Thai coconut soup is probably one of my favorite types of soup. I used to order it when I lived in Atlanta anytime I was feeling sick because we had an amazing Thai restaurant down the street that would deliver it to us. The whole house would put in an order basically. Gosh it was so good! This one did not disappoint either :)
 
The recipe called for shrimp, but I used chicken instead. Mostly because I couldn't find any shrimp at the store this week that didn't contain added sulfates that are on our naughty list. Some of them have a sulfate preservative in them that is not recommended but not expressly forbidden, that's what I had to settle for last week, but this week there was no such luck. I'm used to eating this soup with chicken anyway, so I didn't miss the shrimp.
It was a glorious to end my day, snuggled up with a hot bowl of soup.
 
As this day closes, if I could ask you all, all you beautiful people that take the time out of your busy days to read my silly ramblings ;)
Could I ask you to take a minute and say a prayer or send a positive thought or vibe, whatever it is that you do, for these wonderful people in my life that are experiencing the deepest of losses this week. They need our courage and support even if they won't ask for it.
 
I love you all
 
<3 ME


No comments:

Post a Comment