Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Delayed Tiredness

Last night I completely passed out from the sheer tiredness that was the day, and I guess I fell asleep so quickly I didn't have time to feel tired because my first thought when I woke up this morning was..
I NEED A COCKTAIL!
I luckily had a later morning today, so I got to veg for just a little bit before I really had to be ready to get my day started. Instead of a cocktail, I settled for breakfast in bed with some orange juice, and I tried a bit more of the decaf (it was alright... but I might try some different flavor combinations this weekend to see if it helps anything)

It's almost the end of the egg muffins!!! Poor egg muffins, I was so excited about them, and they are still an amazing thing to have. But I've just got to make them a little better ;)

Despite my quiet morning my day at work was super busy. I love having a student because eventually they make my work load a TON less, but the first few weeks it's definitely more work for me. Having to explain things that I'm doing out loud is a bit exhausting.

Today, I also had the luxury of getting to go home and eat dinner before running to the theatre for rehearsal.
 
We had Shrimp Fra Diavolo, which is just a fancy way of saying shrimp in a spicy tomato sauce. It was pretty tasty, and really spicy. I definitely wish I had a little more time to make something to serve it over because it needed something to break up the spice. Also, as far as crock pot meals goes it wasn't the greatest. The recipe required you to sauté onions and garlic before you put them in the crock pot, but then it only wanted you to cook the tomato sauce for 1-2 hours in the crock pot before you put the shrimp in for 15-20 minutes. So it's not really a friendly recipe for putting on before you go to work and coming home to dinner ready. It might be nice if you were already in your home but doing other things besides cooking, but I also feel like you could just make this in under 30 minutes in a skillet.... So tasted good but not one that I'll be repeating in the future I think.
 
 
So another long day comes to a close and if you can believe it, we're now a third of the way done with Whole30!!!!

It's definitely been a really trying week. So much preparation and ground work to make seamless days for everyone involved. It's stressful, but I feel pretty accomplished when I get to the end of the day. Luckily next week won't be quite so strenuous. Dare I say it might be nice to come home and cook and relax. Now if only we could do it with a glass of wine ;)

<3 ME

No comments:

Post a Comment