Thursday, January 28, 2016

Little Surprises

A slow beginning to my day was so nice knowing that the rest of the day was going to be so busy, you know a change of pace for me hahah
I'm not sure what makes breakfast in bed so luxurious, but I really do love it. It's something about getting to lounge for those extra five minutes, even if I've already gotten dressed and ready for my day and breakfast is literally the last thing I do before I walk out the door, having it in bed is just so nice.

I had some leftover Thai meatballs from last night for lunch today over yet another meeting, while fielding phone calls from parents, and then running off to more kiddos.

After such a long day, I came home to attempt to make some gnocchi again today. Unfortunately they did not turn out like last time, I think my ratios were off this time :( but thankfully I had some leftover mashed potatoes and grilled up a chicken breast and steamed some broccoli for a really yummy meal.

I also did a bit of a balsamic vinegar reduction for the mashed potatoes. Just to give them a bit of a different flavor than usual. Pretty good for an improv :)

Then I settled in for a quiet night of paperwork with one of my favorite girls
Instead of such a quiet evening, I had a really surprising and amazing evening. I put in an order for a training manual for a new protocol that I want to try with some of my kiddos and I have one kiddo starting on Monday that I was really hoping to utilize the protocol for. But I haven't received the book yet. So I asked our front office coordinator if she could help me in tracking down the shipment expectation or if there was any way I could get this book by Monday to try it out on my kiddo. She came back after some research with the cell phone number of the woman who developed the program, and a message for me to call her. I put in a call and left her a message.
Well, this evening she returned my call. She gave me the unfortunate news that the training manual that I was so looking forward to is backordered and she's not sure when the publisher can get it to me. BUT, she spent half an hour on the phone with me, explaining the protocol, how to implement it, tips and tricks and strategies for my kiddo. She also offered to make copies of the book with some notes and things she likes and fax them to me, tonight. Not even tomorrow! She was so generous of her time and knowledge. It's days and encounters like this that make me fall more and more in love with the career that I have chosen. I am so lucky to get to surround myself with the amazing people who also chose this profession. One of the best decisions I've ever made.

It was a great day :) #25 on this Whole30 journey and my wonderful dad's birthday.
Must be a little bit of birthday magic making the day so special :)

<3 ME

No comments:

Post a Comment