Friday, January 15, 2016

Opening Night

Today's the day, opening night for Fiddler on the Roof. It's gonna be a long and exhausting night. Opening nights are always harder than other show nights I think because it's so much more nerve wracking the first time you're on stage in front of an audience of people judging you, and there's been a huge build up all week until this final moment.

Even though I had to work for an hour, I made sure to take a little time before I left to relish in the moment of a rainy, cold morning. A soft scrambled egg, a big glass of orange juice, and a few more moments in bed :)
I then was off to get my hair done, which was nice to be pampered for a little bit after the ridiculous long hours and endless work that this week has been.
I finished off the last of the leftovers of our chili from last weekend for lunch, but then after a few errands...             I JUST WANTED SOME SNACK FOOD!
Real, semi-junk food, snack food. And a soda. And a nap...

So I went on a hunt. I know Whole 30 recommends that you not buy commercially produced chips, but you know what, too bad! I found some that are cooked in sunflower oil, and have nothing but completely Whole30 compliant ingredients. And I wanted them!!!

And they were amazing! Along with some LaCroix, it was close enough to chips and soda to fill that craving. I think we need to allow ourselves some pleasures even amidst striving to be better and healthier. Is the craving for chips and soda bad, and should I be trying to break that comfort habit? Yeah probably, but you know what, did it keep me from cheating today or being miserable? It sure did! So I won't buy them all the time, I won't make them a staple of my snacking. But on days like this, where I'm already so exhausted, and know that the night ahead of me is going to be so long, I'm going to allow it.

Dinner tonight was supposed to be a crockpot meal, but I adapted it to just cooking in the skillet because I had time today to cook it, and mostly because I didn't want to take time last night to prep it haha (I'm telling you guys, I'm beyond exhausted!) It turned out super yummy, and I substituted carrots in the recipe for zucchini that we had leftover. We don't eat a lot of beef in our house, but this was pretty good.
Beef and Broccoli! I'm really liking cooking Asian food because it doesn't typically have cheese on it, so the flavor profile feels complete without it. And thus, I miss it less haha

I think at this point (day 12) it's all about managing the cravings that we're obviously having, and finding something to allow us to hold on and feel satisfied and happy. Hopefully as we near more towards day 15 the cravings will subside a little more.

Can't wait for some more rest this WEEKEND!!

<3 ME

No comments:

Post a Comment