Sunday, January 31, 2016

Close but Not Close Enough

Today started off quickly! I had to tackle GROCERY DAY, and then hurry down to my parents' house for a family get together for my dad's birthday. Oddly enough grocery planning and meal planning this week was more difficulty Han the entire month. You see, next week I get to start the reintroduction process. My 30 days will finally be over and I can add back all the things that I gave up. 
Here's how the process of reintroduction goes: you add one of the "forbidden" food groups back into your diet for one day, then you remove it for 2 days to reset your system before you add in the next food group for one day. This is a lot more difficult than you think. I have relied A LOT on leftovers this whole month. But I can't make a dinner that contains a forbidden food group and expect to have that on a different day. So I had to be careful to plan meals that I could add the forbidden food into but be able to take it out the next day to utilize leftovers that would then be whole30 compliant. I also had to remember to plan meals that added only one food group at a time, they can't overlap. Much more complicated than I originally planned :/
So anyway, a quick breakfast and off to a not super complicated grocery store day, thankfully, because of careful planning and the help of Roomie. I even got to buy some oatmeal to eat for breakfast one day :) it's the little things haha
Then it was off to my parents' house to celebrate my dad :)
Lunch was thankfully not super complicated. My mom let me roast some potatoes so I would know they were completely compliant, then we had burgers which of course I had without the bun and cheese, and I had a pickle just to make it feel more like a real burger haha
 
It was so nice to get to spend a day and have a meal with my family. I haven't gotten the opportunity to do that since I started Whole30. I'll admit it was a little difficult, more so than I think I imagined it would be. It's definitely getting harder to abstain from things I think. I feel like that seems opposite of what I imagined. I thought at this point in the game that I wouldn't be missing things as much, but I feel like I miss them more. I think it's wearing on me a little bit more at this point not to be able to celebrate and enjoy things as much with my friends. Not to be able to go out, let loose, ever... at all...
 
I really like the choices and values of food that Whole30 has promoted in my life, and I would love to eat compliantly every week, but maybe not on weekends.... There has to be some give and take you know! Today I'm just really ready to be done :/
 
I did get to go out to grab a bite to eat with Stephen at an actual restaurant before the show tonight!!


It's so nice not to have to cook a meal for at least an hour ;)

<3 ME

No comments:

Post a Comment