Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Cough Cough

This morning started sooo early! I was at the office at 7:15 to grab a couple egg muffins


 
and do some unfortunate research ...
Needless to say, there are no such things as Whole30 approved cough drops, and very very few Whole30 approved cough syrups or cold medicines in general. Which is quite discouraging :/ I mean you're going to get sick eventually in life and you need something to help you feel better because you can't just lie in bed until you do. (If that's your life please sign me up for whatever you do!) But in my life, there are no sick days. There's always work to be done whether at work or home. The biggest suggestion most of the forums I found were to try homeopathic teas that had no added sugars. I'm sure that would help me feel better, however, I don't have time to make and sip hot tea all day... at least some of the time I've got to hold these little babies! haha Also, bottom line: if you're really sick just take the medicine. If that is the thing that's going to make you feel better then take it in moderation, don't overdo it, and honestly it'll be fine. That's my opinion at least ;)

So the early start to my day and I hit the ground running, a pretty busy day today as compared to my day full of cancelled patients yesterday, so I had no time to take a picture of lunch only the aftermath of a hurried slurping of leftovers from last night and getting as much paperwork done as I could.
And of course, after a long day at work I can't go home and relax, I have to go home and work some more haha
But I was really happy to do it actually ;) we're hosting a game night tomorrow which will be a different kind of adventure with being a host without being able to serve snacks/drinks to our friends :/ BUT more of that struggle tomorrow. For today I had to prep the house, which meant finally taking the time to take down Christmas decorations haha I know I know it's the end of January and I'm just getting around to this, but it's been a really busy month. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! Well, that and I just love Christmas decorations. They make the house festive and warm with twinkly lights and it always looks so empty when I take it all down. But it's down and clean and now we have up season appropriate decorations haha
After cleaning it was time to cook a little dinner. I had salt and vinegar chicken on the docket for this evening. I roasted some quick potatoes, made a little salad, and baked some chicken in some spices and balsamic vinegar.
All in all a productive, exhausting, and very satisfying day. We have only one full week left in this 30 day journey before we enter reintegration. How time flies!

<3 ME

No comments:

Post a Comment