Saturday, January 30, 2016

Here Comes the Sickness

I woke up this morning and the cold that I've been desperately fighting off for a week now has finally settled in a little more comfortably.. sore throat, hoarse voice, cough, stuffy nose.. Time to break down and get some tea and medicine.

I got by with the tea that we had this morning, we had some green ginger tea which unfortunately has a little caffeine but not a lot. It definitely made my nose feel a little less stuffy to sip something hot and aromatic.
I had to work half of the day today, but when I got off I stopped by and picked up some medicine and vitamin supplement and snuggled up for the rest of the afternoon to rest before the show tonight.
  
The cough and throat relief is all natural flavors with no added sugars, so totally whole30 compliant. The medicine has some dyes and extraneous things that probably aren't exactly adherent, but when you're sick you're sick and you have to take care of yourself right?

After a little rest, it was time to tackle dinner. I decided to attempt to redeem my gnocchi from last night. And I think I did a pretty good job!
I added a lot more spices than the recipe called for to cover up the coconut flour flavor (garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper, and Italian seasonings). I then sautéed them for just a bit with clarified butter, garlic, and red pepper flakes and topped with some fresh basil and a quick balsamic vinegar reduction I made. So so yummy :)

My voice was definitely gone after the show tonight, so it's time for some rest and medicine. Hopefully it'll be ready the show tomorrow!

<3 ME

No comments:

Post a Comment