Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Sugar Monkey

Day 2, what what! I mean let's be serious.. I woke up with a KILLER headache that persisted the whole day through (thank you very much caffeine addiction haha), I tried and was not super impressed with my black decaf coffee, and I was definitely craving some sugar today. BUT I survived, I did not eat any sugar haha, and I know that today I will be stronger because of it.

So first things first: BREAKFAST! I added a little salsa to my eggs today, just something a bit different right. I also tried my hat with some decaf coffee from Sprouts. It was alright, but I'm not super eager to try it again. I think mostly I was really craving it because my body thought the caffeine would make this headache go away, but when it didn't I was over it haha Maybe next week when I've completed these withdrawals it will be comforting again (fingers crossed!)
I also officially suck at taking lunch pictures, because I forgot again today haha I just had some leftover lettuce wraps from dinner last night. I also supplemented with a banana and some celery and cashew butter.
As my day progressed, my headache was definitely annoying, and my body was jonesing for some sugar. My afternoon nut mix snack was yummy, but not cutting it. I just wanted fruit!!
 
 
The real MVP of the day though, was my Peppermint oil! Nothing makes this headache go away like this stuff. Just a bit on the back of my neck and temples and I felt so much better.
 
 
Dinner time was a bit of an adventure. I went off without a recipe (which is my favorite way to cook) I love to have an inspiration and just make it happen how I want. So I started making some pasta sauce. I didn't change my normal sauce recipe, you just have to be careful with your canned tomato products that they don't contain any sugar or other preservatives that aren't Whole30 approved. I used some crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce with some garlic, onion, chili powder, salt and pepper, and Italian seasoning. I also added some ground turkey.
Then some zucchini noodles! They have some commercial products that will turn the zucchini into noodles for you, but I just ran mine through my mandolin and then sliced them into thinner slices with a knife. I put all the slices in a colander, salted them and let them sit for 15-30 minutes to let some water leech out of them, then dried them really well in some paper towels. I sautéed the zucchini and then topped with some sauce. It was pretty tasty :)
 



So I'm only 2 days into this thing. My patience is definitely a little thin thanks to the lack of caffeine and sugar haha but we'll press on. Only 28 more days to go right?! Here's hoping day 3 is sans headache and plus a little more patience haha
<3 ME

1 comment:

  1. If your HA gets worse and just peppermint doesn't work, add some chamomile to it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete