Sunday, January 10, 2016

Week 1 COMPLETE!!

Happy Sunday!!! We've made it a whole week!!!
Just for a week 1 review, here are all the links to the recipes I used this week :)
Breakfast Casserole
Lettuce Wraps
Pumpkin Chili
Mojo Pork
Egg Muffins


Okay enough celebration, time for some leftover breakfast casserole and then out the door for


GROCERY STORE DAY!!!!
Roomie came with me today, and it was so fun!



We found some super fun things around H-Mart today, like this crazy pepper!

It takes foooorrrrreeeeevvvvveeeerrrr to make it through the grocery store, but we also go to like three different places, because I'm trying really hard to make sure this thing isn't breaking the bank haha but this is what our fridge looks like these days


Full of food and leftovers and more food!

Now it's time for week prep before guess what, yep rehearsal tonight.
But first I grabbed some lunch, leftover chili. Yum yum :)

Food prep #1: make mayonnaise. So if you know anything about me, it's that I really don't like mayonnaise. So why in the world am I making it?! Because I want to use it for some chicken salad for lunches next week. I normally make it with Greek yogurt, but I can't use that right now :/ It was surprisingly not so hard! I dumped 1/4c olive oil, 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder into my food processor.
I turned it on and let it process until the mixture looked opaque and slightly thickened and then I drizzled in 1 more cup of olive oil and voila!
 
I added lemon juice until it tasted like, well, mayonnaise haha I also scooped some out and made some compliant ranch by adding some more spices.
 
 
This way we can dip some veggies this week, and I planned on using it some for dinner tonight, BUFFALO CHICKEN!!!!
 
So supposedly if you take hot sauce and add some ghee (clarified butter) it makes basically buffalo sauce. Well try as I might several times today and all last week, have not been able to find any ghee anywhere... I haven't given up, but I didn't have it for tonight's dinner. So I mixed the hot sauce with some of the ranch instead, and it turned out pretty good.
Just so you know, this is what it looks like when you have to cook dinner for your Whole30 self and your non-compliant boyfriend ;)

I made some ranch flavored potatoes and a small salad and dinner was served!
Just in time to scarf it down and run out the door on the way to, you guessed it, the theater...

In fact we have rehearsal every night this week because we open the show on FRIDAY!! So I have a week full of crock pot meals planned for dinners all week.

WEEK 2 JANUARY 11-17

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Breakfast
casserole
egg muffins
casserole
egg muffins
casserole
turkey sausage apple scramble
turkey sausage apple scramble
Snack
banana
banana
banana
banana
banana
banana
banana
Lunch
chili
chicken salad
chili
chicken salad
chicken salad
leftovers
leftovers
Snack
nuts
apple
nuts
apple
nuts
apple
nuts
apple
nuts
apple
nuts
apple
nuts
apple
Dinner
cashew chicken
chicken curry
shrimp fra diavolo
pork carnitas
beef and broccoli
mediterranean chicken skillet
mediterranean chicken skillet

 

When we finally got home from rehearsal tonight I prepped for tomorrow's meal so it's ready to go in the crock pot in the morning and ready to eat for rehearsal time.

 
So this week is going to be pretty crazy, but we'll see how it goes. Hopefully lots of planning will get me through! Also, I'm planning on adding a list of all my recipes I used for week 1, hopefully with tomorrow's post.
Week #2 here we go!
<3 ME

2 comments:

  1. You can actually make your own ghee :D http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/how-to-make-ghee-recipe.html
    It's a little tedious, but still. If you can't find it anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ughhhhhhhhh I know :/ I just haven't had the time to fiddle with making my own yet. I know a few people have found it at random places like Walmart or Costco so I'm going to look around during my shopping day this week, and if not I might live without it unless I get super desperate...

      Delete