Sunday, January 17, 2016

Halfway!

Holy crap! Can you believe it's already been two weeks?!?! I'm so excited and proud that we've made it halfway through these 30 days! Of course I'm still having cravings, and still wishing things could be a bit simpler... I wish it was easier to go out to eat, or have a quick meal, or just have a cupcake sometimes haha but I'm feeling really great and I'm definitely ready to see this thing through!

Here's last week's recipes in review:
Crockpot Cashew Chicken
Crockpot Green Chicken Curry
Crockpot Shrimp Fra Diavolo
Crockpot Pork Carnitas
Crockpot Beef and Broccoli
Mediterranean Chicken Skillet
Breakfast Pumpkin Custard

Today,  ended up taking advantage of sleeping in. I was simply exhausted. It has been such an incredibly exhausting 8 days. Long long nights, and super busy days has just worn me out.
Since sleeping in gave me a bit of a break in my morning schedule, I took the time to make some poached eggs and spicy breakfast sausage. I had grand plans to make some hollandaise as well with my clarified butter that I made this weekend, but it just wasn't my day with that because I broke the sauce with both of my attempts :/ It did taste pretty good without it tho ;)

 

Then we had to run off for our Sunday matinee show. Since we had a late breakfast we skipped lunch and snacked on some of these that we were able to find a few Whole30 options :)
 
So, the meal plan called for us to have leftovers from the Mediterranean chicken skillet that we made yesterday, but.... we didn't end up with enough leftover for that because it was so yummy haha so I had to improvise a bit!
I settled on making gnocchi with some marinara sauce. I'm sure they weren't the best gnocchi ever made, but they were pretty yummy overall :)


I substituted regular flour for coconut flour, and I baked them instead of boiling them. One of the recipes that I read used tapioca flour and they complained that their gnocchi kept disintegrating in the water because of the substitute flour. In making this recipe again, I would add some more seasonings to the gnocchi base to cover up the coconut taste a little bit more. But it was a yummy treat, both to get to make something I'd never made before, and to get to eat something kind of like pasta haha

With more and more practice it's definitely getting easier to pick and choose meal options, and to come up with them on the fly. It's also easier to shop once you memorize what you can and can't have.

So we're entering week 3 and it seems pretty promising!


WEEK 3 JANUARY 18-24

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Breakfast
pumpkin custard
pumpkin custard
pumpkin custard
pumpkin custard
pumpkin custard
hashbrowns sausage egg
hashbrowns sausage egg
Snack
banana
banana
banana
banana
banana
banana
banana
Lunch
chicken salad
leftovers
chicken salad
leftovers
chicken salad
leftovers
leftovers
Snack
apple/
veggies
apple/
veggies
apple/
veggies
apple/
veggies
apple/veggies
apple/
veggies
apple/
veggies
Dinner
thai chicken soup
OUT TO EAT!!!
BOOK OF MORMON!
salt and vinegar chicken
chicken and veggies
teriyaki salmon
nachos

 
We get to eat out TWO TIMES this week!!! I'm so excited to test our skills and eat out in a restaurant! And, I'm even more excited that we get to see Book of Mormon :)

It's going to be such a fun week, I can't wait!
<3 ME

No comments:

Post a Comment