Thursday, January 21, 2016

Quiet and Stormy

There are those days that you long for solitude. The days where you just need to be in the quiet to think and decompress, to relax and unwind. To have time to be productive or unproductive depending on your days. Days where rooms are too bright and too loud.

But there are also those days, that you might not want to be surrounded by people, but neither do you want to be alone. Because alone can also feel isolated. The quiet can feel oppressive. The solitude can feel cold and empty.

Today was one of the latter days for me. I didn't want to be surrounded by people, but the thought of a night alone was also kind of sad. I used to relish these days I had. Living alone, just my dog and me. But how quickly you adapt to a house that has other people to it.

--
I skipped breakfast again this morning. I know I know, I just said yesterday I wasn't going to get into the habit of it, but this morning was just so busy! I did have some LaraBar for a little sustenance.
I had the rest of the Thai Coconut Soup for lunch today during yet another meeting.
However, when your boyfriend likes mushrooms and you don't, this is what your soup bowl looks like after lunch haha

So, obviously tonight I came home to a house all by myself (I mean besides dooleydog and delilahcat). Tonight is supposed to be cold and rainy, and so I changed the meal plan up a bit. I ran to the grocery store after work and got supplies to make chili again. It was so yummy last time we made it, and my mom has definitely taught me that on a cold, winter night, there's nothing better than a bowl of chili.
And as an added bonus, I got to use my new dutch oven for the first time! It worked beautifully :)
A warm bowl of chili under a quilt with some puppy cuddles and reality tv is the best way to spend a cold night.

I'm sure tomorrow I'll be longing for the quiet solitude that this night brought ;)

<3 ME


No comments:

Post a Comment