Sunday, January 24, 2016

Food Boredom

Today I definitely hit the ground running to make up for my lack of productivity yesterday :)
I made a quick breakfast and then recruited Boyfriend to venture out for GROCERY STORE DAY with me. He had a great time I assure you! haha
 We got home with just enough time to get just a little bit of meal prep done before we have to head to the theater.

I made some more egg muffins this week! (I know you're all surprised haha)
This week I tried some garlic, fresh basil, sundried tomatoes, and some balsamic vinegar that I reduced down in a pan a little bit. I made sure to put TONS more seasoning than I did last time, so hopefully they'll be better than the ones I made week 1.

Unfortunately getting meal prep done to the last minute meant that I ran out of time for a real lunch, so I just had a snack when we got to the theatre and planned a yummy dinner for when we finally would get home.
I'm really not in the mood for healthy food today... I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that Boyfriend has eaten fast food and pizza in front of me all weekend as well as a cupcake haha

So I searched around and found a recipe for Buffalo Chicken Tenders that were Whole30 compliant with some mashed potatoes!
They actually called for a few pork rinds to add that crunchy outside to them, and a pretty nice take on buffalo sauce with apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and some spices.

Then to make myself feel better about dessert... I baked some peaches with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Pretty yummy even if it wasn't a cupcake haha
I can't believe I've already finished 3 whole weeks!!! Only 1 more full week left plus two days. I must say I was apparently getting really lazy with meal planning at this point in the plan and I've had to make a lot of changes. I assumed that at this point just grilled chicken and veggies would be fine, but I couldn't be further from the truth. If anything I need and crave much more flavorful foods at this point than I did at the beginning. Funnily enough Whole30 warns of just this mood at Day 21 (which is today!) They call the culprit food boredom and that is so accurate. So I spent a long time today researching some different recipes and switching the meal plan up a bit more.

So here's what this week is looking like (so far :/)
WEEK 4 JANUARY 25-31



Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Breakfast
egg muffins
egg muffins
egg muffins
egg muffins
egg muffins
Breakfast casserole
breakfast casserole
Snack
banana
banana
banana
banana
banana
banana
banana
Lunch
leftover
salad
leftovers
salad
leftover
leftovers
leftovers
Snack
apple
celery
apple
celery
apple
celery
apple
celery
apple
celery
apple
celery
apple
celery
Dinner
shrimp and sausage skillet
salt and vinegar chicken tenders
thai turkey meatballs
gnocchi
shepherds pie
stir fry
chicken and mushrooms

 
Obviously everything is subject to change depending on my mood haha

Here are the recipes I used for Week 3
Pumpkin Breakfast Custard
Thai Coconut Soup
Buffalo Chicken Tenders
Gnocchi -- for this one I substituted coconut flour for the regular flour and I baked them in the oven

Not a ton of recipes since we ate out as well, and I repeated the chili recipe again. Hopefully this last full week will be easy, and hopefully I'll be excited about some of the new recipes I plugged in this week!!!

<3 ME

No comments:

Post a Comment